What IS purpose-led performance?
Across our 130-year history, delivering top tier financial results while doing what’s right remains a top priority for our company.
Purpose-Led Performance Report
McCormick has a proud legacy and commitment to doing what’s right for people, the communities where we live, work, and source and for the planet we all share. Our 2019 Purpose-led Performance Report is an expression of this commitment.DOWNLOAD THE 2019 REPORT
Our 2017 Purpose-led Performance Report introduced a series of commitments and clear performance targets for 2025, informed by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our Commitment to People: 2025 Goals
- 30% ethnically diverse talent (EDT) in senior leadership positions in the U.S.
- 50% women in senior leadership positions globally.
- 30% employee participation in Ambassador Groups globally.
- 95% of all employees globally with active development goals.
- 80% of employees participating in voluntary health and well-being programs globally.
- 50% increase in number of McCormick Science Institute citations in professional literature
- 90% of products with improved transparency (non-GMO, BPA-free, organic).
Our Commitment to Communities: 2025 Goals
- Increase resilience of 90% of smallholder farmers that grow our iconic herbs and spices, as measured by increasing skills and capacity, income, access to financial services, education, and nutrition and health.
- 80% Employee participation in Charity Day Globally.
Our Commitment to the Planet: 2025 Goals
- Source all herbs and spices in our portfolio sustainably, beginning with 100% of our branded iconic ingredients.
- 20% absolute reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from our facilities.
- 16% absolute reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
- 20% reduction in water use from our facilities.
- 80% recycling and recovery of solid waste from our facilities.
- 25% reduction in carbon footprint from packaging.
- 100% circular plastics packaging.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
We’re proud to be recognized for our contributions to sustainability across our industry and beyond, but we know we can continue to increase our impact. We don’t embed purpose-led performance throughout our business to garner awards, we do it to positively impact society and to successfully drive our global business.