Charitable Contributions: It is the responsibility of the Charitable Donations Committee (CDC) to make recommendations for donating directly from the Company. The members of the Committee are appointed by the Company's Management Committee and are authorized to make donations in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines.
In order to receive consideration from this Committee, an organization must be (1) non-profit, (2) organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary, educational, or other humanitarian purposes, (3) supported in whole or in part by charity and (4) have tax exempt Sec. 501(c)(3) or Sec. 501(c)(4) status from the IRS.
The Company’s objective is to improve the quality of life where we live, work and source. The focus of this corporate involvement is toward the following areas:
- Education – (1) higher education and (2) elementary and secondary schools that have focused programs designed (a) to prepare students for the workplace, (b) for students with special needs and (c) for our diverse communities.
- Health and Wellness
- Environment and Habitat
- Culture and the Arts
Organizations given priority consideration by the CDC:
- Exist in communities where McCormick employees live and work
- Have McCormick representation on their respective Board of Directors or leadership team
- Have McCormick employees committing their time and serving as volunteers
The Company receives far more requests than it has monies to dispense. To ensure that the donations are used in accordance with corporate policies, McCormick does not donate to:
- Labor organizations
- Fraternal organizations
- Religious and sectarian organizations
- Political organizations
- Elementary and secondary schools (except as detailed above)
- Daycare centers
- Animal foundations
- Recreational councils
- Travel funds
- Advertising or Promotional activities
- Organizations that might in any way pose a conflict with the Company’s goals, products or employees
HOW TO APPLY:
The Committee meets regularly to review all requests. A written response is provided for each Company decision. McCormick will only consider one contribution request per nonprofit, per year.
All charitable requests must be addressed to the Chairman of the Corporate Charitable Donations Committee (CDC) and must contain the following:
A one-page written summary statement which includes:
- A mission statement of the organization and/or project
- The organization’s goals and objectives
- The organization’s program/project needs
- The program/project fit with McCormick’s donations guidelines
- Key deadline dates
- Specific McCormick employee involvement with the non-profit
The organization’s name, address, telephone number, website and the name of a contact person familiar with the proposal.
Current operating budget; program/project budget, if applicable; sources of financial support; amounts committed or pending; and a statement of administrative, fundraising, and general expenses
A copy of the organization’s certificate from the Internal Revenue Service as a Sec. 501(c)(3) or Sec. 501(c)(4) organization
A list of officers, board members and affiliates.
If it’s a first time or multi-year request, please include the following information on the formal request:
A personal interview with an official of the organization may be required by one or more members of the CDC as a condition of making a contribution. If the request is made by a person in an outlying location, the interview can be accomplished by local management or by telephone.
At McCormick, we encourage good citizenship and responsiveness to the needs of the communities in which we operate. We are committed to our role as corporate citizens to support, to the greatest degree possible, those community organizations which provide services to our employees.
Organizations should email their specific request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also send via USPS to:The Charitable Donations Committee Attn. Karen Steelman
McCormick & Company, Inc.
18 Loveton Circle
Sparks MD 21152-6000