HUNT VALLEY, Md. (December 11, 2014) – McCormick & Company (NYSE: MKC), a flavor leader for 125 years, is introducing a powerful lineup of 25 new products perfect for winter meals. These convenient items answer the growing consumer demand for more flavor – as indicated by a 20 percent increase in spice, herb and seasoning purchases in the last five years.1
“Our new products make weeknight dinners more exciting because they give home cooks a chance to explore new flavors and cuisines in meals that are easy to make,” said Chef Kevan Vetter of the McCormick Kitchens. “For example, you can change up chili by adding fire-roasted garlic or smoky barbecue flavors. You can also make Taco Tuesday sizzle with chipotle pepper, or swap out beef for fiesta-flavored shrimp.”
McCormick’s new winter products cater to today’s more adventurous consumer palate – reflecting a desire for everything from bold chile heat to ethnic flavors, as highlighted in McCormick® Flavor Forecast® reports:
Seven Skillet Sauces
These sauces help get a flavorful dinner on the table that cooks in just 15 minutes. Simply pour into a skillet and add your favorite meat and vegetables.
1. Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken with Bacon: Whip up a quick and easy BBQ-inspired weeknight chicken dish.
2. Taco with Chipotle & Garlic: Add a hint of chipotle heat to weeknight tacos.
3. Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry: Ginger, garlic and soy sauce create the perfect stir-fry.
4. Sweet & Smoky Sloppy Joes: Ingredients like brown sugar, paprika, mustard and garlic give this classic American meal a smoky-sweet twist.
5. Fire Roasted Garlic Chili: A robust combination of fire-roasted garlic and chili pepper boosts the flavor of this dinnertime staple.
6. Fajita with Roasted Chili, Garlic & Lime: Fire up fajitas with this sizzling blend of roasted chili pepper, garlic and lime.
7. Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic: Infuse Italian-style chicken and mushrooms with a savory blend of sweet basil and garlic.
Popular Recipe Mixes Now Gluten-Free
Certified by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, new gluten-free recipe mixes are made with the natural goodness of herbs and spices, and no MSG or artificial flavors. They’re also priced the same as regular mixes.
- Gluten-Free Turkey Gravy: This foolproof mix gives you perfect gravy every time – and, in just five minutes.
- Gluten-Free Brown Gravy: Just add water and cook for gravy that tastes great on sliced beef, meat dishes and potatoes.
- Gluten-Free Taco: A zesty blend of authentic Mexican seasonings, including onions and peppers, will turn ordinary food into a fiesta of flavor.
- Gluten-Free Chili: Ready in 20 minutes, this combination of authentic seasonings and chili peppers creates a hearty meal.
New Bold Flavors in Spices, Seasoning Blends and Recipe Mixes
Perfect Pinch® Seasoning Blends:
To learn more about these new products, visit www.McCormick.com and check us out on Pinterest and Facebook.
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at http://www.mccormick.com/Press-Room.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor with more than $4 billion in annual sales. McCormick manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses – in more than 125 countries and territories. Since Willoughby M. McCormick founded the company selling root beer extract in 1889, McCormick has demonstrated a strong commitment to the communities in which it operates and the planet as a whole. Innovation in flavor and a clear focus on employee engagement and product quality has allowed McCormick to grow its business globally and become the flavor leader it is today. Visit mccormick.com, mccormickcorporation.com and Facebook.com/McCormickSpice for more information.
1 IRI Grocery Sales Data ending December 2013, Total Spice Category.